The Traunero Funeral Home was built in 1881 by Mr. J.M. Naylor, who owned a hardware store and a bank in Tiffin. The home's foundation sat for one year before construction, which took four years, was started. The home was the private residence of the Naylor family until 1951, when Mr. George Pahl purchased the property in order that he could move his funeral home business from Main St. The home's three floors each occupy approximately 2,000 square feet, in addition to the full basement. The woodwork, which is plentiful throughout the home, is all original, with no refinishing having taken place at all. The windows, many of which are curved to conform to the bay and turret areas, are original, as are several stained-glass windows. There are also leaded crystal windows in the massive front entrance door. The addition of the larger chapel and the four-bay garage in back was added in the 1960's. The funeral home sits atop a small hill at the corner of South Monroe and Charlotte Streets and is a well-recognized landmark in Tiffin.
We recently underwent a complete re-decoration of the facility, including new paint, wallpaper, window treatments, and carpeting.