The Traunero Funeral Home, 214 S. Monroe Street, Tiffin, is owned and operated by Richard and Andrea Traunero, but its history goes back to January 1, 1900, when Charles Pahl opened his funeral home at 127 South Washington Street.
In 1913, Charles Pahl moved his business to 98 Madison Street where it remained until 1931. In 1931 Charles Pahl's son George joined him in the family business, and they moved the firm to 1 Main Street. The business was known as the Pahl Funeral Home.
It continued at this address until 1951 when Mr. Pahl purchased the J.M. Naylor residence (pictured above) at 214 S. Monroe Street, Tiffin. In 1955 George Pahl sold the business to Louis and Catherine Nemeth and the funeral home became known as the Pahl & Nemeth Funeral Home. Mr. and Mrs. Nemeth operated the funeral home for twenty years until 1975, when they sold it to Paul and Sally Hannay. The funeral home then became known as the Hannay-Nemeth Mortuary. On January 2, 1997, the Hannays sold the business, real estate and all assets of the funeral home to Richard and Andrea Traunero.
Richard is a fourth-generation native Tiffin son who is carrying on the excellent tradition of service started 100 years ago by Charles Pahl. The funeral home, now known as the Traunero Funeral Home, offers a wide range of services, including traditional services, many cremation option services and services individually designed to meet every family's needs. Preplanning and pre-payment for funeral services is another facet that has become popular in recent times.
The Traunero Funeral Home, from 1900 to today, is still serving Seneca County families with the dignity and compassion they have come to know and expect.
Our newest service is the addition of Seneca County Crematory, our own crematory. Your loved one never leaves our care, we take care of all cremation services right here in Tiffin.